So looking back, I realize I have never fully explained what the happiness project actually was. I'm going to do the best job that I can as I am still currently reading the book.
"A Happiness Project is an approach to changing your life. First is the preparation stage, when you identify what brings you joy, satisfaction, and engagement, and also what brings you guilt, anger, boredom, and remorse. Second is the making of resolutions, when you identify the concrete actions that will boost your happiness. Then comes the interesting part keeping you resolutions" --Gretchen Rubin
For me, the Happiness Project is about living my life and not just floating by. I want to live life to the fullest and make memories that will last me a lifetime. I'm making the resolution to always be grateful, always find something exciting to do, and when something asks me to tell something interesting about myself, I won't respond with "I hate chocolate cake." Although shocking to most, I don't want to be the girl that is remembered for disliking the fake taste that chocolate cake gives you.
So I want all of you to look inside yourselves and find something that makes you happy to do with your life, for me, its my school classes and hopefully soon yoga again, I want all of you to make this resolution with me. Because after all we all live on this Earth together and I'd like to be here with interesting people and not "chocolate cake haters."
No comments:
Post a Comment